We need your help baking pies!
Bakers from all around San Diego kindly partake in Pie in the Sky each year by baking and donating pies for a great cause! Without our bakers, Mama's would not be able to meet our goal. This year, we hope to bring in $134,000 which will provide 45,000 meals for families over the holiday season.
What: Mama’s Pie in the Sky is San Diego’s largest annual bake sale benefitting Mama’s Kitchen. From October 9th to November 19th volunteers sell Thanksgiving pies donated and baked by local caterers, restaurants and bakeries to co-workers, friends and family.
Why: Mama’s Pie in the Sky benefits Mama’s Kitchen – San Diego’s only free, county-wide, home-delivered meals program for individuals and families affected by HIV or cancer.
We are interested in baking, what happens next?
- Fill out and return your baker donor form to Mama’s Kitchen ASAP
- Select the flavor and how many pies you can make. We ask for at least 25, and some bakers donate up to 1,000
- We ask that your pies be 9” inches and uncut
- Mama’s Kitchen delivers pre-labeled pie boxes to you on Saturday, November 11th. Your business information will be listed so that your pie buyer will be able to purchase from you in the future
- You select when your pies will be ready from three time frames—Monday, November 20th afternoon, Tuesday, November 21st morning or Tuesday, November 21st afternoon
- A Mama’s Kitchen volunteer will come to pick up your pies
- Bakers are highlighted on our pie site, www.mamaspies.org and on www.mamaskitchen.org
Please email us at Geraldine@mamaskitchen.org or call us at 619-233-6262 #114 for more information!